Sunday, April 19, 2009

a week after easter..

It is exactly a week after Easter...after He gave up His life for us..the perfect easter gift..not wrapped with paper..but with passion..a gift not placed under the christmas tree..but on the cross..a gift not tied with ribbons..but sprinkled with blood...

Funny isn't it...every year it's the same thing we celebrate..every year we are reminded that HE gave up his life for us..every year we go for the same confession..with more or less the same sins... they usually call it the 'circle of life' ...it happens over and over again..

So what is it that's different?? or to be more precise..what is it that should be different?? every year..it's all about us..about me..only me..we realize..'oh yeah..lent is here.. means fasting.. no meat..sacrifices and confession ..bla bla bla..' then easter comes..'what am i gonna wear for Easter?? how should i do my hair?? should i get new shoes??...and on it goes..

But have we put ourselves in Jesus's shoes??... i mean He must have wondered 'WHY??' ..why do i have to go through all this..??why are they screaming at me..?? what wrong have i done??.. why are they casting their lots for my robe..?? 'these crown of thorns is hurting' 'why Father..WHY??...have we wondered what exactly was going on Jesus mind??..when He went through all this??

What about our Father in heaven?? ...was He enjoying the scene?? or was He crying and hurting every single second Jesus was in pain??..is there any Father here on earth..who is willing to sacrifice their children??..if you ask me..when i become a parent.. never..NEVER will i let go my kids for anything or anyone.. Imagine how hard is it for HIM.. to see HIS one and only Son..suffering and pouring out his precious blood for nothing more than us sinners..it must have hurt HIm a lot..to hear HIM cry in pain...cry for help..

and we here on earth..well..have taken it for granted..or perhaps overlooked the real meaning of easter.. it's not only about sacrifice and penance..new clothes and shoes.. but infact..it's about the willingness to go through with God...and feel the pain He went through..the suffering he felt..

ever heard of the song WHY by nicole nordeman?? ..well in this song..a little girl who doesnt know anything about Jesus talks about her experience.. while she was entering Jerusalem with her dad where she saw this Man..being crucified.. and here..Jesus gets the answer's to HIS questions..so do we.. it's a beautiful song and also one of my favorite.. read it till the end..it will give you goosebumps..=)

WHY~nicole nordeman..

We rode into town the other day..
Just me and my daddy..
He said, i'd finally reach that age..
And i could ride..
next to him on a horse..
that of course was not quite as wide..

We heard a crowd of people shouting..
And so we stopped to find out why..
There was that man..
That my dad said he loved..
But today there was fears in his eyes..

so i said..
'daddy why are they screaming??
why are the faces of some of them beaming..??
why is HE dressed in that bright purple robe??
i bet that crown hurts Him more than it shows...
Daddy, please..can you do something??
He looks as though he's gonna cry..
You said..He was stronger than all of those guys..
Daddy please tell me why..
Why does everyone wants HIm to die?

Later that day..the sky grew cloudy..
And daddy said, i should go inside..
Somehow he knew..things would get stormy..
Boy was he right..
But i could not keep from wondering..
if there was something he had to hide..

so after he left..i had to find out..
i was not afraid..of getting lost..
so i followed the crowds..
to a hill where i know..men had been killed..
and i heard a voice come from the cross..


and IT said,
"Father, why are they screaming..??
why are the faces of some of them beaming..??
why are they casting their lots for my robe??..
this crown of thorns..hurts me more than it shows..
Father please,...can YOU do something..
I know that You must hear my cry..
I thought I could handle a cross of this size..
Father, remind me why..
why does everyone wants Me to die??
oh when will I understand..
why??

"My precious Son..
I hear them screaming..
I'm watching the face of the enemy beaming..
But soon I will clothe You..in robes of My own..
Jesus, this hurts me..much more than You know..
But this dark hour..I must do nothing..
Though i've heard YouR unbearable cry..
The power in Your blood..destroys all of lies..
Soon you'll see past their unmerciful eyes..
Look there below..SEE THE CHILD..
TREMBLING BY HER FATHER'S SIDE..
now I can tell YOU WHY..
SHE IS WHY YOU MUST DIE..

Take care and god bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment