Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Beauty or nothing?

"The Kite Runner, The time traveller's wife and My sister's keeper.."

Siggghhh.. Plus and minus, today and yesterday, I spent RM100 for those novels! I couldn't help it, it was the last day for the book fair and if I loose the chance now, I'm so gonna regret it when I see the price is doubled! ..;( But somehow I manage to influence Pinky and Glynn to buy along with me, hence one book is given for freee!!weeeeee!! XD

Hmmm,, I wonder why I don't spent that much on clothes.. I mean yes, like every other girls, I get all "gaga-ish" over that cute top from time square and that gorgeous pair of wedges,  but it didnt cross my mind to run all the way to the bank, cash out the money and make it mine.. Like you have the feeling, "Yes its nice, fits me perfectly.." But then it stops there.. hmmm weird..

Anyway, I started back my observing business today.. And this time I let it go a little further.. Honestly speaking, the first thing I look at a girl, is how she dresses,, ;) In other words I was being utterly stereotyping, generalizing and judgemental.

I didn't mean it. But its there, in your mind. No matter how much you deny it, you can't get it off your mind. And with that one look, you start creating this whole story in your tiny head..like a washing machine. You dump in the clothes and now its time to analyze and wash them..;p ;p

Like did she shower before she comes for class?? What was she doing last night? Is her hair naturally wild or did she wear it like that to grab attention?? And thoseee clothess!! .."Wow, she's got guts!" ;) How are her parents like? Does she have a boy friend?? What is he like? How can she stand her?! Why does she speak that way?? And her voice!! .Goshh.. Like she knows-it-all..

Oh no, I'm not making that up. You and I know, that we all have the tendency to indulge in our own fantasy. Be it strangers or your friends.. we enjoy making up stories in our head and giving answer to our own question. Somehow we feel satisfied when we have explicitly 'robbed' her of her own private sanctuary.

As I was busy entertaining my mind about this very particular girl whom I have never spoken with, know nothing about her besides her name.. I realized.. hmm ok wait, I'm not sure what I realized yet, let me see if I can take you there; inside my mind..;)

Hmm.. Forgive me, my mind is getting even complicated day by day..  now that I have amused myself with all the short story of mine about this girl, what now?? By me, hating her guts and the sound of her voice, what do I earn?? .. Hmmm, a negative perception of this innocent girl who could turn out to be the next most independent women, or perhaps a real time host like Oprah.. and because of my choice of looking at her in a wrong way..I might be misssing out the very essence of friendship.

Now you see, how much damage the mind can do when you start thinking?

Why is so hard, to look at someone just as they are? To look at them and see that beneath all those make-up, dresses and voice, lies a human being, lies a soul that is in need of companionship, like you and me? Lies a girl with the biggest heart ever and she is willing to give to anyone.. lies a need to speak her mind off, something that I could never EVER possibly do it, even if hell freezes over heaven.  Why can't we say to everyone we meet, "Cause you're amazing, just the way you are.."

Fake or not, God looks at you and loves you the same. That we are all amazing, unique, special and definitely awesome..despite all our failures, all the wrong perception we have on others, all the unecessary hate.. He thinks your one heaven of a person! ..;) Then again, we are not God, we are far from perfect. Human, helpless, hopeless.. but hey. you can try! ;)

And then if there is one thing that I've learned all my life is, if you choose to look through God's eye, your first impression is beauty..

"Blessed are those who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.."

No comments:

Post a Comment