Thursday, October 21, 2010

Letting go

"Every thing I once held dear, I count it all as loss"

I don't feel so good.. Arggh.. No I'm not emo-ing or anything.. but I have this weird kind of feeling that something terrible is going to happen.. ssiighh..

So I was listening to this song called LEAD ME TO THE CROSS, by hillsong.. and this phrase, "Everything I once held dear, I count it all as loss"

I didn't understand at the beginning.. I mean if you like it, why give it away?

A while ago, I was wondering why was that particular line lingering on my mind..especially the word "dear" and "loss"

...hmmm perhaps it simply means "letting go" .. even though its something very very dear to you..and you can't possibly let it go.. or something irreplaceble..or a resentment and hate.. Just let go of the extra burden.... Let go of the past and take hold of the present.. Let go of everything that is holding you back.. and learn to surrender.. for who are we Lord, to decide what is right or wrong in our life.. when every single breath we breathe is You? When this life we're living is spared by You..? When You have numbered me my days and carved my name in the palm of Your hands?

And trust me, once you've learned to let go, You're putting that extra baggage on God's shoulder's and He is more that willing to carry it all the way.. and that is what He has been waiting all this while for!! Your telling Him, "Lord, I'm tired, I'm tired of driving this damm car! ..Please take the wheels!" .. And once you've handed Him the keys and asked him to take control.. trust me, He knows short cuts, He knows where you can get free parking! He knows where's the most extraordinary shopping complex.. He modifies too, like the Potter's Hands, He knows just what kind of shape and colour that suits you!.. and yes, He repairs too! ..An excellent mechanic, for He fixes that broken heart of yours!! He will lead you to paradise!!

And you know wanna what's the most amazing thing about Christianity? ..its that no matter how many times you fall and sin and hurt and broken.. you are already forgiven.. That there's is an open arms welcoming you back. That you have the same place as all the saints in heaven.. for it says.. "Saint or sinner stil He loves us all the same.."

And.. Now I feel so much better!! ..One reason why I love blogging!! .. You will very very light! ..Thank You Lord! ..

Lead me to the cross,
Where Your love poured out
Bring me to my knees
Lord I lay me down
Rid me of myself
I belong to You
Lead me, lead me to the cross

No comments:

Post a Comment