Saturday, June 13, 2009

beloved one..

I remember...during SPM bible knowledge exam..the one passage where i loved the most..was the prodigal son..

You know..there is a lot of underlying meaning beyond this beautiful story.. Firstly..according to the Jewish custom..a father can never divide he's properties..till he is dead!!..Secondly, a Jew is not allowed to touch or even go near swines!! Thirdly, a father is not allowed to run and hug his son if the sons disowned him...

Anyway..here's the story..A father once had 2 sons..the second son.. asked for his part of his share.. Of cause the father was extremely sad here..but still he broke the jewish custom and gave what his son wanted.. And this son of his..spent all his money..on the materials of the earth..alcohol..women..drugs.. Till he reached a point..where he had nothing at all!!..He was drained..of all his money.. and also his friends.. no where to go..no where to turn too..DESPERATE!! He agreed to work in a swine farm.. u can imagine how hard his life must have been..till he was willing to break the law..and live with the pigs.. And now..this second son..finally got back to his senses.. and he told to himself.. 'FATHER, I HAVE SINNED AGAINST GOD AND AGAINST YOU..I AM NO LONGER FIT TO BE CALLED YOUR SON; TREAT ME AS ONE OF YOUR WORKERS!!'

And so this son..with a new heart and soul..went back home.. hoping and wishing that his dad will accept him..and forgive him back.. But here's the best part.. His father saw him from afar..ran as fast as he could.. open his arms wide..hugged and kissed his son.. who has once disappointed and hurt him terribly.. But it didnt matter..all of that didnt matter.. What matter's is that his son!! is back home!! and so the son said.."FATHER, I HAVE SINNED AGAINST GOD AND AGAINST YOU..I'M NO LONGER FIT TO BE CALLED YOUR SON.." and he didn't even finish the last part..he didnt even finish the last sentence..and the father said.."HURRY!! PUT A ROBE ON HIM!! A RING ON HIS FINGER..SHOES ON HIS FEET!! KILL THE PRIZE CALF!! AND LET THE FEASTING BEGIN..FOR THIS SON OF MINE WAS DEAD..NOW ALIVE.. HE WAS LOST..BUT HAS BEEN FOUND!!.."

hehehe..amazing isnt it??..The joy and excitement shown by the father here??
Our Father in heaven..is the same exactly.. Firstly, He will give us what he wants..!! If we ask for it.. Secondly, He will never abandon us.. It's clearly seen..that He is desperate and thirst for us...and is waiting for us to come back to Him!! Lastly, no matter how sinful we are..if we repent with all our heart and soul..He will carry us on His wings back!!

THE PRODIGAL SON..

Father, I have sinned..
Helped me find my way..
Remember not my sins..
Just let me hear you say..

I forgive you..I love you..
You are mine..Take my hand..
Go in peace..sin no more..

Beloved one..


Father, I have turned..
My back and walked away..
Dependent on my strength..
And live life my own way..

Father I have loved..
If love's the word to use..
I've played so many games..
They've left me so confuse..

Father I have closed..
My heart to those in need..
Thought only of myself..
A victim of my greed..

Father I've returned..
I'm home with you stay..
Standing by the door..
Knowing that you'll say..

I forgive you..I love you..
You are mine..Take my hand..
Go in peace..sin no more..
Beloved one..


No comments:

Post a Comment