Sunday, June 7, 2009

To be a girl..

Haven't blogged for 2 days...hmmm well yesterday was an extremely busy and over-tiring day.. hehe.. so here's my story..

Got up at 7am..need to be in church bt 8 am..cause attending the catechist formation in Assumption church PJ...it was not that interesting..but met a lot of 'interesting' kinda people..hehe the session finished around 4pm..by the time we got home it was already 6pm..

And yesterday..6th of june 2009..was my cousin, balan's engagement..weeeeee!! finally there's a wedding in the family..it has been ages..hehe.. so since their house..and the bride's house..is just a few rows after my house..transport and distance wasn't a problem at all.. But when we reached home.. Everyone was ready already!!..mom in her red and green saree..dad in his checkard shirt.. aunties and cousin in their indian costume...and my sis and i were like..'hello!! it's only 6..we're only suppose to be there by 7.15pm!!.. well..since my mom was one of the person who's carrying the tray..so she had to be there early..

By the way..just for your information..my aunt married a hindu guy..so basically my cousins followed their dad..hindu's..so this wedding will be held in the temple..and the engagement ceremony..is in hindu...

Anyway back to my story..my sis took her bath first..while waiting for her..i was wondering what should i wear??..everything looked so old..and dull.. Finally i decided to wear my red and black punjabi suit.. i hope black doesnt mean bad luck or something..cause i was really out of clothes to wear..hehe.. N then i was like..'oh damm!!..the CAMERA!!..shootss...i didnt charge the camera.. sobs..sobs.. i usually charge it over night..but now i only have an hour..but i sill chargedla.. and then i took my bath..bout 15mins i was out..hehe..

By this time..everyone took the kia car and already flew to my cousins house.. only me and my sis was stuck at home..=( ..so anyway i dressed.. luckily it still fit perfectly..hehe i bought this suit like bout..4 years ago..i think..hehe.. yeah i know!!..what to do..haizzz... desperately in need of new clothes...

And then i looked down..at my toes..it was all sea blue in color!!..i was like 'NO WAY!! ..i aint wearing my black and red punjabi with my black and red heels..WITH SEA BLUE NAILS!! and then i looked in the mirror!!...my hair was absolutely horrible!!..so unorganized!! so messy!! damm i dislike my new haircut.. so i took out the straightener and heat it up.. badly need to straighten my hair!!.. while waiting for it heat it.. i searched for my blood red nail polish.. hehe.. FOUND IT!! ..and started painting my nails..hehe..

After that..i tried straightening my hair...but it made no difference!!..haiz...gonelar!! Then i opened to search for my red and silver bangles..i remember the last i wore it was during easter!! ...it took me about 10 mins to find it.. and my sis wanted half of my bangles.. so since i'm such a kind and sharing person..of cause..i gave her about 15 bangles..and took the rest 33 bangles..heheehe... nolar she only needed bangles in 1 hand..but i wanted in both hands..since im not wearing any watch..so yeah//=)

I looked at my face..in the mirror..i hated what i saw..my eyes was like sooo tired..and sunken.. my lips..was so pale.. i had to do something..so i beg my sis to apply some make up...sigh.. yeah i know...what kinda gal am i??..dont even know how to apply make up..its like a knife..not knowing how to cut..or the hammer do know how to hammer..arghh...but who cares la...for beauty is in the eye of the beholder..beauty does not fade with age..beauty comes from deep within.. ok ok..i know stop crapping!!..hehehe

Anyway my sis..decided that i was her experiment piece..she tested all sorts of eye-shadow on my eye lid!! and i had to stand there..like a dumb doll!!..=( finally she found the right colour.. and then applied blusher.. then luckily i know how to do the eye-liner and mascara.. but i didnt know what to do with my lips..and i dumbly bought the wrong gloss colour...arghhh....i wasnt really my fault la..they didnt have any tester there..=(

After the make up part...i looked at the mirror again...damm something is wrong again.. then i was like..yeah!! earrings and chain!!.. found them...!1 brushed my hair..applied perfume.. and woo hoo!! ..I'm the bride of the day!!..ok Juan!!..stop dreaming!!.. anyway..i took my camera.. dumped it in my bag.. wore my 3 inch high heels..!!..and i was done..!!

Who knows..I might meet someone rite??..hehehe..i mean just check out la..=p

Anyway i felt like i was in a tamil movie or something..cause it was exactly like that!!..only this time there was no 'parang' or any objection...or any dowry problem la.. They had 9 trays and guess what??..Just before the important part started..that's when la..my camera battery had to die!!..so didnt snap lots of pic...only minela..i manage..hehehe..

It was arrange marriage..i looked at the bride-to-be.. she was nervous of cause..wearing the saree..with those gold chains hanging there..and her hair..in flowers..and also my cousin..he can't stop looking at her ..hehe..he was exceedinly handosme as well..not to mention i was barbequing in there!!...it was so hot!!!..like over 40 degree..!! i wonder how she felt..

But i don't understand one thing!!..It's a freaking arrange marriage!!..You're gonna live and have your kids with that person!! How then?? You have to go dates..to know that person..what they like..how they act..their personality..whether can you tolerate their temper..whether there's understanding between you both..do you trust 1 another..or do you have goosebumps.. when they touch you...or make your hear beat abnormally..just by looking at you in the eye.. do you guys have something in common..

Sigh..i dont know..but it seems ridiculous to me..i mean to marry a person who is arranged for you.. Gosh..i thank God my parents aint like that!!..i get to choose who i wanna be with..=)

Anyway...though it seems a torchuring to actually be a girl...but i thank God i am a girl!!..hehehe.. it's fun...IT REALLY IS!! ...=)

here are some pics..i manage to snap..



A bit blurr...it was really crowded..hehe..couldn't snap it properly..=(



Before going to the bride-to-be's house..hehe..



hehe..mom..carrying one of the tray..=)


All the laddies..who's carrying the tray..before entering the bride's house..



Yup..the all the offerrings..hehe



My darling sis...=)



hehehe..just wanted to show of my make..it aint that obvious huh?/hehe..



And this is what it takes..to be a girl..=)

Take care and god bless!!..

p/s i'm not having engagement hehe..if at all i'm called to get married... straight away get married..save money..and faster!!..=p

No comments:

Post a Comment