Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The footprints..

Weird huh? How life works.. One minute everything is perfect.. You have everything in your hands.. everything you ever wanted.. and the next.. something or someone comes and grabs it away... it was too fast, that you have absolutely no idea how or what happen?! ... Just that one incident.. of that one minute.. can turn your who life around.. and it changes everything.. Your hope, your trust, question arises, uncertainty, doubts, and most importantly it can even change who you are..or who you used to be...

I remember my catechism students asking me this question, "Teacher, why does God allow suffering.. Why does bad thing happen to good people?!" ...and trust me, I've wondered that all I'm life too.. and it comes to a certain point.. where you begin to wonder, "Lord, seriously are you really there? Then, why are all these happening? Why am I left alone..."

Have you heard of the story about the footprints?!! ...well its another one of my favorite story! ..It gives me hope.. and the will to believe again..heheh.. I promise it'll be very short!

So there was this man.. he was walking down the beach.. and everytime he walked.. there will be TWO sets of footprints.. One was his, and another was God's footprint! ..And with that that guy knew that God never left him.. Then one day, where he lost everything and was on the verge of tearing apart.. he went to the beach again.. and this time he only saw ONE set of foot prints.. Filled with anger and sorrow he asked God, "Lord, why is that when I'm sad and broken, you are not there! You left me alone, when I needed you the most!" ..But God told him, "My child, that ONE set of footprints is MINE.. you cannot find yours.. because I carried you in my arms, all this while.. I've never and will never leave you alone!!"

I had goosebumps while typing that story.. and yes it does not answer the question on "Why does God allow suffering.." Then again, when you ask for patience, do you think God gives you patience or OPPORTUNITY to be patient?? When you ask for courage, does he gives you courage, or OPPORTUNITY for you to be COURAGEOUS?!

I'm not sure if you get what I'm trying to say.. but always remember that God will never let you go through anything that you CANT go through! And it is through these trials and tribulations that HE is able to cover and shield you with his LOVE.. He wants you to TRUST HIM.. To lean on HIM.. to know that HE will NEVER FORSAKE you.. no matter how much you try to runaway.. or throw him away from your life.. thinking you have everything you want and that you DO NOT need HIM.. hhmm.. well, take a look at this lyrics..

Where can I run from Your love?
If I climb to the heavens You are there;
If I fly to the sunrise or sail beyond the sea,
still I'd find You there

Lord, you have searched my heart,
and you know when I sit and when I stand.
Your hand is upon me protecting me from death,
keeping me from harm.

You know my heart and its ways,
you who formed me before I was born
in the secret of darkness before I saw the sun
in my mother's womb.

Marvelous to me are Your works;
how profound are Your thoughts, my Lord.
Even if I could count them, they number as the stars,
You would still be there.

Yahweh, I know you are near,
standing always at my side.
You guard me from the foe,
and you lead me in ways everlasting.

Maybe you disagree with what I'm trying to say.. maybe you have your own believes.. maybe you think you're right.. but deep down inside you.. you are still searching.. searching for peace, for joy, for love, for hope.. and you even know the answer too!!

And there is a reason why I felt like writing this.. maybe GOD is trying to tell you something.. through me.. and before I leave.. this is what I read yesterday..

On this day, God wants you to know
... that all those little things that annoy you, are God's way of watching out for you. You never know when an untied shoelace saves you from an onrushing car. On September 11th, one man was saved because he had to get donuts for his team; another because he developed a blister on his foot from wearing new shoes.

Pretty amazing huh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment