Monday, December 13, 2010

We can do more!

"Why do I have to break your heart..before I fall into my knees.."

So hows the weekend?! ... Well it didnt make any difference to me, considering the fact that I'm at home 24/7!!
Anyway the Christmas tree is up.. light not working though.. Shopping, not done.. Presents..way wayyyy not done! ..Cookies..lets not even get there k! and lets all give a big thanks to my sis, because until her exam is done, none of us can do anything! or so my mom says..

Anyway since I'm seriously running out of topic and I'm sure you dont wanna hear me ranting about FARM VILLE... and ohh..I found this new AWESOME-PAWESOME game called, CITY VILLE! ..which is even more addictive..hehe..

So lets talk about the charity dinner, where I got invited to not waste RM150. Coincidence, you think? I don't know why I have this silence voice in me that insist everything happens for a reason..and hence I look at everything and everyone that there's a reason why I'm here.. there's a reason why I met you.. and there's a reason why am I writing this.. weird, I know..

So back to charity dinner.. its to build a new home for all the special kids.. Special meaning, autistic, down-syndrome, mentally ill kinda children.. I'm not sure how you look at them.. but I used to look at them full of sympathy and pity.. but I was wrong.. cause that;s not what they need or what they're asking..

As I was enjoying my dinner.. there were 2 performances by these kids.. a sarawakian dance, and a japanese dance.. It was pretty simple and relaxing. It was the 3rd performance that made me tear like nobody's business.. It was a song..and they will be showing the actions to that song.. I'm sure you've heard of "YOU RAISE ME UP.." ...I've heard it like about a 1000 times.. and got bored of it.. but the moment I heard the violin strummed at the beginning of the performance.. I had goosebumps.. and when Mr Edmard, the chairperson.. started singing..*He has the exact voice of Josh Groban!*.. Tears rolled down my checks! .. I didnt have any idea why.. but I couldn't stop..

And I begin to realize something.. I have a perfect family.. A roof on my top of my head.. Nothing is clearly wrong with me..except that I need spectacles.. and well I can be really weird at times.. but other than that.. geezz.. I'm fine! ..And to think that I have the biggest problem ever..and to complain about everything.. ohh my, we all can be heartless at times..

And look at these kids.. they can't speak properly, some of them are wheel-chair bound.. they can't be left alone for fear they can endanger themselves.. They can hardly fight for their rights.. And what's gonna happen when they have to live on their own?? ..and their soul mates??!

Still, despite all this.. they have the guts to up there.. and make me tear.. and say to the world, "Whatever you can, I can too!!" ...

They taught me something... that my worries are NOTHING compared to others out there.. and what in the world am I doing here, playing farm-ville.. when I actually do a lot more..
They also kinda told me, "If I can do this, You can DO MORE!!" ...

We all can do more.. do what?! ...
Anything that could make a difference someones life.. like one of the greatest gift we often forget about is FORGIVENESS! ..ok that came up randomly.. but seriously, when someone hurts you and take away everything you have.. the only way that you can completely overcome it..is forgiveness.. and stop complaining!! .. Like for a minute.. instead of thinking of OURSELVES and OUR problems.. we could at least offer a lil prayer..=) Trust me, it will help!

Because the true meaning of life..is when OTHERS are happy..because of YOU! ..

No comments:

Post a Comment