Saturday, March 21, 2009

A letter from the heart

If I was a dry flower

In the dessert, with no petals left

Will you still cloth me with those beautiful clothes of yours?


If I was a sparrow

With a broken wing

Will you still feed me abundantly?


If I was baby

Born with no legs

Will you be the road that I could walk on?


If I was a little girl with my one and only Barbie doll

Hoping that someone would play with me

Will you be that someone?


If I was an orphan

Thirsting for the love of my mom and dad

Is there any love that you could spare me?


If I was a rebellious teenager

Trying my best to turn away from this world

Will you stay with me till the end of time?


If I’m a single mom all alone

With three mouths to feed

Will you be their dad?


If I’m a drunkard dad

Trying to break away from the chains that grip me

Will you help me get free?


If I was a beggar

With wounds and sores all over my body

Will you still hug and kiss me?


If I was a thief or a murderer

With a huge load of sins I committed

Is there any place for me in your arms?


If I’m confused

And can’t decide what to choose

Will you be the answer to everything?


If I’m lonely

With no one by my side to wipe my tears

Will you cry with me as well?


If I’m rejected

By those who think I’m not fit to be their friend

Will you be my friend forever?


If I broke your heart

Over and over again

Will you still accept me as your child?


If I am the reason

For your tears to flow like a river at night

Will you forgive me once more?


If I tell you now

That I love you more than anything in this world

Will you believe me?


If I say to you

‘Lord, I’m lost without you’

At this very moment are you willing to hold my hands and lead me to your way?


Love,

Your unworthy daughter

No comments:

Post a Comment