Sunday, June 5, 2011

The power of words..

So I finally finished reading Murakami's Norwegian Wood last night.

How was it?? hmmm.. I find the ending rather depressing, cause Murakami left it as an loose end, meaning there are a few possibilities of what could have happen. And yes, I kinda hate this kinda stories for you feel like, "aaaaarrgghhhh!!" .. You wanna meet this dude and demand, "what in the world happen to Toru and Midori??" .. They got together? Or died together? Or separated?? What what?? ..And Naoko, what was the main reason she died?? .GRRR!! ..Frustrating I tell you.. ;(

So I try google-ing the ending for the book, and came up with various answer and finally I found the perfect answer..

"If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think of what everyone else is thinking" ..~~Haruki Murakami~~

Which makes sense on why he's writing is so mysterious, so unpredictable.. He writes from a whole different perspective, very unique.. The ending is either sad or depressing for you think. To think that life is not always a bed of roses, sometimes you get tangled up with the thorns. The question is, "are you willing to untangle yourself and pink up the pieces.."

I realize why I enjoy read..
I read because its like an escape from the real world, you get to be your own hero, or heroin. You create your surrounding and imagination.. You feel what the character feels.. You put yourself in their shoes.. and wow! Really, its probably the best thing I could ever think off.. Its a 100000 times better than watching a movie..;)

I tried watching this tamil movie with my family last night..and all I could think of was the book. I couldnt wait for it to over to continue with my reading. I didnt wanna to just leave cause its a family leisure time and that they said the movie was really nice, so I didnt wanna dissapoint them by leaving halfway.. but seriously, I was hating every minute of it..

The thing about watching a movie, they're acting.. and that's it. You get what you see, you capture what you hear..there's nothing much you could do about it..

I remember this quote from beauty and the beast where Gatsby asked Belle, who loves reading, "How do you read this, theres no pictures??!"
And Belle replied, "Well some people use their imagination.."

I remember when I was in primary I'll go to the library during recess and borrow 2 books. Once I've read almost all of Enid Blyton's series, I will re-borrom them. If you check the card at the back of the book you will see my name in there twice! ..ehehehe

But then I stopped. I never knew why...

So today, I officially declare my new hobby, reading! ..;)

No comments:

Post a Comment