Sunday, January 23, 2011

There's this thing about loving unconditionally..

"Nearer here.. may our life tell your story.."

I learned something today. Its like you know it all this while.. but you never took account of it. You know its there..but you got blinded.. and that you never realized it till someone says it right to your face. Now that you've finally gotten it all figured, where do you go from here??..

Hmm I learned about division. God came for all, but then we human divided Him. We disagree with the church and start our own, by right the truth is right there.. in front of you. The world is divided. Casts, wealth, race, religion. Even the country. Malaysia is a very good example. Your family is divided. Sisters against sisters. Mother-in-law against daughter-in-law.. hmm.. and yes within you, there is division too. The brokenness, the unhealed wounds is what keeping you away from God..=)

I also leaned ...that when you love, love unconditionally.. Yes, love everyone unconditionally. Because that is the same love given to us. And now, if you keep that love to yourself, what is the point then? ..If you love only those who love you and not your enemy, what good is there? ..what difference does it make?.. It defeats the purpose of LOVE. =)

Hmm.. because He asked for nothing in return. He didn't say this..

  • I'll only love you if you go to church
  • I'll only love you if you help the poor
  • I'll only love you if you stop drinking and smoking
  • I'll only love you if you blog about me..
  • I'll only love you if you stop gossiping..
  • I'll only love you if you start praying..
  • I'll only love you if you stop hurting me and keeping me away from your life.
Nope.. he didn't. "IF" didn't exist in His dictionary. No conditions laid. No rules applied. He gave everything, His life included. =) ... He sees you, just as you are... He sees you living your life,  and He loves you just the same, no matter how much you hate him.. He loves you just the same!

Sadly, we tend to apply conditions. Hmm.. when we love, there's always condition. Well, I have applied conditions. It hard.. to love someone who actually hurt you and cheated on you. It's even harder to forgive. It hard to care for someone who tore your life apart and broke your heart. If you had a chance, you wished you never met them.

Yes its hard, but not impossible, for it has been done before!

And that's exactly when division occurs. That's when there's war in the world. In countries, in families and even within yourself.

I learned something else too today.. that until you can learn to love someone unconditionally, you will never find peace within you. =)

May your life.. the way you live, the way you love others, the way you forgive, the way you show the world that you're different.. may this tell His story..=)

No comments:

Post a Comment