Monday, October 19, 2009

Let HIM pedal!!

Sigh... I so wanted to go for WORLD YOUTH DAY last year.. but guess God had other plans for me.. Cause when Eddy talked about his experience.. I knew I missed something amazing.. Never mind.. someday I'll make it.. and when that day comes.. I'll blog about it..=)
Why am i suddenly talking about WYD?? ..cause..i felt it in this song.. RECEIVE THE POWER!! .. the song already is sooo superb!!..imagine how the event would have been??>>

Listen to this.. I didnt write it.. but I read it in this book called.."DEAR ABBA" .. it teaches one to surrender completely to the FATHER..=)



When I met Christ,
It seems as though life were rather like a bike ride..
But it was a tandem bike..(double bicycle)
and I noticed that Christ..
was in the back..helping my pedal..

I don't know just when it was..
that He suggested we change places..
But life has not been the same since then..

When I had control, I knew the way..
It was rather boring..but predictable..
It was the shortest distance between two points..

But when HE took the lead,
He knew delightful long cuts..
up the mountains..and through rocky grounds..
All I could do was hang on!!
Even though it looked like madness..
He said, "Pedal!"

I worried and was anxious and asked..
"Where are you taking me?"
He laughed and didnt answer..
And I learned how to trust..

I forgot my boring life..
and entered into the adventure..
And when I'd say, "I'm scarred,"
He leaned back and touch my hand..

He took me to people with gifts that I needed..
Gifts of healing..acceptance and joy..
He said, "Give the gifts away;
they're extra baggage, too much weight."
So I did..to the people we met,
and I found that in giving I received..
and still our burden was light.

I did not trust HIM, at first..
In control of my life..
I thought He'd wreck it;
but He knows bike secrets,

He knows..
how to make it bend to take sharp corners..
how to jump to clear high rocks..
how to fly to shorten scary passages..

And I am leaning to shut up and pedal!!
in the strangest places..
I'm beginning to enjoy the view..
and the cool breeze on my face..
with my delightful constant companion..
JESUS CHRIST..

And when I'm sure I just can't do anymore./
He just smiles and says....."PEDAL!"

_AUTHOR UNKNOWN_


Amazing huh??...when you LET HIM take control..that's what I'm learning now.. NOT MY WILL DONE..BUT YOURS DEAR LORD!!..

good nite and god bless..

No comments:

Post a Comment